50% of this failing

I have been thinking about this long enough and have decided to blog regularly again to flex my writing muscle. I can tell you now that there is a 50% of this failing. Meaning, I won't be coming back to this, and this will be idle for a couple of months and it will be just another spur of the moment post. 

There is also a 50% chance of this becoming a regular thing. The thing about resolution is that you get hyped up for a couple of days, weeks, months, and then it will be left to the curb, another memory, and when you look back at the year, you will say, oh well, I'll do it next year. This goes on and on every year until you realize /or do not realize the pattern,- you were never meant to resolve that resolution. 

I can safely tell you that I have failed in many resolutions and I am not embarrased to say it (the ones that I am embarrased, I will not say them), that bullet journal that I was so hyped up in doing, only lasted till middle February. That jogging thing that I have always wanted to do, never happened in 2021 (wait, it happened once.. wait, that was in 2020). It has happened many times and I know myself well enough that if I am hyped up over something, it is bound to fail succesfully. 

Although, there are rare occasions where my resolutions were pleasantly successful. I am proudest of my resolution back in 2017 I made after I gave birth to my son. It is very rare that you have that one distinct moment where you feel like you are going through a life changing point. That point was when I resolved to read every single day for the month of January. I wasn't hyped up about it and somehow I doubted that I could read every day for the whole year. I didn't even think that I could last a week being in confinement and adjusting being a new mother of two kids. My son is 5 years old now and I have read every day (ok there are days that I couldn't squeeze in some reading time, and that one reading slump phase after I was infected with Covid-19 few months ago - now that is a story to tell)  , but I held up to that promise I gave to myself in January 2017. 

Do I resolve to write more on top of the current struggle of rewriting my unfinished novel? There is a 50% percent of it failing. But even if there is a chance of it being a success, I could at least try, I guess.  
It will be a story to tell one day

-the storyteller-  

Comments